A PhD is the highest degree awarded at universities in the UK. The study mode is based around a substantial research project on an area of academic interest, typically up to 100,000 words in length, written as a thesis which then must be defended in an oral examination at the end of the programme. Students are assigned a supervisor and the duration of a PhD is typically three years full-time and six years part-time.

Very few research degrees feature taught modules, and as such a student is expected to take more responsibility for their work and schedule.

Get in touch today for more information or for a free phone consultation.

Related services







We take care of everything

We help secure Tier 4 student visas to make sure they are processed and approved on time.


We work with reputable accommodation providers throughout the whole of the UK and can help take the hassle out of finding the right accommodation. Bookings durations are available from a minimum of 2+ weeks.  

Airport pickup service

We provide an airport transfer service throughout the UK. Students can be transferred to their designated accommodation and a welcome pack will be provided to include all details they may need for your stay.  

Questions and Answers
1. What is a Foundation Course?

A Foundation Course is a one-year preparation course for international students who need additional English language and academic preparation for entry onto a UK university undergraduate course.

2. Do I have permit to work during my studies?

Yes, you are able to have a part-time job, commonly in hospitality and retail. However, if you are international student, there may be some restrictions on the number of hours you are eligible to work (usually 10 or 20 hours) depending on the course.

3. What are the living costs while studying in the UK?

The living costs can be vary depending on exactly where you study in the UK. The most common once are transport, food, accommodation and bills. The average living costs in the UK are about £13,400 (US $21,800).

4. Do I need to get a visa before I arrive in the UK to study?

It depends weather you are on the visa national list or not, if you are then you must have an “entry clearance” before you arrived in the UK. But if your country is not part of the list and you are willing to come to the UK for more than 6 months, you must apply from an entry clearance from your nearby British embassy.

5. Do you provide the accommodation?

Most Universities and Schools in the UK provide different accommodation services. Whether you want to experience the student accommodation or whether you want to live with a foster care family. We also have list of Private Accommodation Providers for students to choose from.

6. Will I get language support if I am still working on improving my English?

Yes, it is possible for you to get a place in an English language support program or course where you will be able to improve your writing, listening, and speaking skills. However, you need to take into account that UK Universities will ask you for a minimum English requirement.

7. How can I apply for a Scholarship?

We can help international students interested in studying in the UK secure scholarships, bursaries, and funding. If you are interested in learning more about scholarships at UK universities, arrange for a call with us today.

8. How many hours of class time a week should I expect?

Most of the courses are a full-time studying courses and they are split in a period of three years or four a sandwich year (if you want to do a foundation degree or a year abroad). You can expect approximately 15 or 25 hours a week.

9. Will I get any support for my disability?

All the UK universities/schools must provide support any student who has any kind of disability. People are professional trained in order to help students with these conditions and also help me them to succeed in their studies.

10. Am I entitled to medical care while I am a student in the UK?

This questions is based on how long is the course you are willing to do. If you are a student whose course will last six or six+ months you will qualify for NHS medical care from the beginning of your journey in the UK. Furthermore, you need to make sure to register in the nearest GP within the first couple of weeks of arriving in the UK.